Search billions of records on



Burrantown, off Farm Road 1733 twenty miles northeast of Crockett in eastern Houston County, was probably established around 1900.

In the mid-1930s the settlement had a store and a number of houses; local children attended school at nearby Glover or in Weches.

After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In 2000 the population was seventy.

Christopher Long