Center Hill, also known as Corinth, is a farming community 1½ miles west of Kennard in east central Houston County.
The settlement grew up around a school, known as Corinth or Old Corinth School, that was established in 1857. In the mid-1930s the community had a school, a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. Its school was later consolidated with that of Kennard, and by the mid-1960s only a church and cemetery remained in the Center Hill area. In the early 1990s Center Hill was a dispersed rural community. In 2000 the population was 105.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Armistead Albert Aldrich, The History of Houston County, Texas (San Antonio: Naylor, 1943). Houston County Cemeteries (Crockett, Texas: Houston County Historical Commission, 1977; 3d ed. 1987). Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687-1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).