CONCORD, TEXAS (Houston County).
Concord was off State Highway 7 eight miles east of Crockett in east central Houston County. It was established after the Civil War. A Presbyterian church was founded there in 1875, and around the same time a school began operating in the church; later a separate school building was constructed. In 1897 the school had an enrollment of forty-six.
During the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War II many local residents moved away, and by 1990 only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687-1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).