COOPER, TEXAS (Houston County).
Cooper was on State Highway 21 nine miles southwest of Crockett in southwestern Houston County.
It was probably established around 1900. In the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses.
After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In 2000 the population was twenty-seven.