Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 

EASLEY CHAPEL, TEXAS.

Easley Chapel, a farming community on State Highway 21 two miles northeast of Weches in extreme northeastern Houston County, grew up around a church by that name built before 1900.

In the mid-1930s the community had a church, a cemetery, and a number of houses. After World War IIqv most of its residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Easley Chapel was a dispersed rural community.

Christopher Long

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/EE/hrefc.html