Edmond, six miles northeast of Grapeland in northwestern Houston County, was established in the early 1890s.
A post office opened there in 1893 with J. N. Parker as postmaster. It operated until 1896. In the mid-1890s the settlement had a general store, a gristmill and cotton gin, and a number of houses. By the mid-1930s Edmond no longer appeared on highway maps.