Hagerville, on Hager Creek near Farm Road 357 sixteen miles southeast of Crockett in southeastern Houston County, was established before 1890 and was named for early settler James M. Hager.
It had a post office from 1891 to 1906. By 1892 it had a Baptist church, as well as a school, a blacksmith, a shoemaker, and a general store. Hagerville's population in 1896 was estimated as thirty. By the mid-1930s only a church and a number of scattered houses remained at the site. In the early 1990s Hagerville was a dispersed rural community.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687-1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).