HICKORY CREEK, TEXAS (Houston County).
Hickory Creek is a tiny rural community located off Farm Road 3187 about seventeen miles northeast of Crockett in north central Houston County. Located near the Davy Crockett National Forest, this settlement was probably named for nearby Hickory Creek. The town had a post office from 1876 to 1877, but in the 1930s county highway maps showed only a few scattered dwellings and a church in the area. No population estimates were available until 2000 when Hickory Creek reported thirty-one residents.
Laurie E. Jasinski