Search billions of records on



Julian, twelve miles east of Crockett in east central Houston County, was established in the mid-1880s.

A post office opened there in 1885; G. W. Julian, after whom the town was named, was the postmaster.

At its height in the mid-1890s, the small settlement had a sawmill, a physician, a justice of the peace, and an estimated population of twenty-five. The post office closed in 1901, and by the mid-1930s Julian was no longer shown on highway maps.

Christopher Long