LONE PINE, TEXAS.
Lone Pine, nine miles south of Crockett on Farm Road 231 in south central Houston County, was established around 1900.
In the mid-1930s the settlement comprised a church, a store, and a number of houses.
After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. In the early 1990s Lone Pine was a dispersed rural community for which no population estimates were available.