Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 

LUNDY, TEXAS.

Lundy, off State Highway 7 twenty-two miles east of Crockett in eastern Houston County, was established in the mid-1890s.

A post office opened there in 1897 with John W. Helton as postmaster. In 1900 the small settlement had a general store, a cotton gin and mill, and a number of houses. The post office closed in 1914, and by the mid-1930s Lundy was no longer shown on highway maps.

Christopher Long

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/LL/hrlem.html