Plain was a rural community four miles east of Tadmor in the Davy Crockett National Forest in eastern Houston County; it was first settled before the late 1880s.
A school was established around 1888, and a post office operated from 1902 to 1905. In the mid-1930s Plain had a church and a number of houses. After World War II most of the residents moved away, and by the early 1990s only the church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area. No population estimates were available.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687-1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).