Reynard, on Farm Road 2544 fourteen miles northwest of Crockett in western Houston County, was established around 1900. A post office opened there in 1901, and by 1905 the settlement had two general stores, a cotton gin and mill, and a church. The post office closed in 1907, but the community continued to prosper; in the mid-1930s it comprised a church, two schools, and a store.
After World War II many of the residents moved away, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a number of widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s Reynard was a dispersed rural community.
BIBLIOGRAPHY: Houston County Historical Commission, History of Houston County, Texas, 1687-1979 (Tulsa, Oklahoma: Heritage, 1979).