Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 

WHEELER SPRINGS, TEXAS.

Wheeler Springs, off Farm Road 229 twelve miles northwest of Crockett in western Houston County, was probably established before 1900. In the mid-1930s the small community had a church, a school, and a number of houses. After World War IIqv the school was closed, and by the mid-1960s only a church and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.

Christopher Long

http://www.tsha.utexas.edu/handbook/online/articles/WW/hrwjz.html