PRAIRIE POINT, TEXAS
Prairie Point, also known as Prairie, a rural community off Farm Road 230 four miles southwest of Lovelady in south central Houston County, was established in the 1850s.
A post office operated there under the name Prairie from 1857 to 1872. A school was established before 1897, when it had an enrollment of fifty-seven. In the mid-1930s the community consisted of a church, a school, and a number of houses.
After World War II the school was consolidated with that of Lovelady, and by the mid-1960s only a cemetery and a few widely scattered houses remained in the area.