LATEXO ISD

 

Latexo Elementary & High School Building - about 1976

Photo by:  Donald Michael "Mike" Bennett

 

 

 

Click on Thumbnails for a Larger View

 

Classroom 1 Classroom 2 Walkway Class Room Gymnasium

CLASS REUNIONS

 


 

Class of 1976 - 2007 Reunion

Click on pictures to view a larger image

Party Time

Graduation Article - 1972

Sherry Johnson

Debbie Brunson

Mary Presley

Mike Bennett

Basketball Picture

Graduation 1972   Latexo FFA

 

1943 Latexo Annual

From the Latexo Annual Collection of:

Irene Perkins Welch

 

Cover

Introduction

Dedication

Trustees & Faculty

Administration

Seniors

Sophmores

Freshmen

Who's Who

FFA FHA Athletics

 


 

1947 Latexo Annual Page - Freshman Class

Names: Geraldine Woodard, Harrol Sims, Yvonne Luce, Linson Hearn, Wilma Ferguson, Grand Grounds, Polly Goolsby, Perry Allen, Ernestine Neel, Lela J. Waller, Anita Hearn, Royce McPhail, Albertine Neel, Billy Hargove, Betty Jo Rials, Eugene Marsh, Loretta Bennett, Charles McPhail & Juanita Goolsby

THE HISTORY OF LATEXO, HOUSTON COUNTY, TEXAS - 1961

written by:  Audrey Nealy

 

This contains not only names of teachers in the early schools, but locations of schools as well as many names of local citizens active throughout the years in the schools of Latexo ISD

 

There have been five schools built over the years in the community and the city of Latexo.
 

The first Bethel school building was on a dirt road that ran parallel with the railroad tracks, about 500 feet south of the railroad crossing on the north end of the city of Latexo.  This building was later occupied as the home of Cleveland Willis.

The second Bethel School built in the community was located on a street that went east from what was at that time the main road that ran south along the railroad tracks. This site in the 1960's and later years was known as the home site of the Stokes Reed family.

This building was later sold (c. 1930) to the Baptist Church and was used as such for many years.

The third site of the school was located about two houses east of the second site and was the location of what was referred to as the old Ed Burton home; but was the Bill McKinney home in 1961, later the Clifford Price home.  The third school was moved in 1930 to the present day location.

Two new buildings have been built on the same school property, replacing the previous building.

LATEXO HIGH SCHOOL

 

LATEXO ELEMENTARY SCHOOL