Home of Julius George Burned at Floyd
(October 3, 1929, The Greenville Messenger)
The home of Julius George, just north of Floyd, was
destroyed by fire about noon Monday, September 2, 1929, the house and contents
being total loss, with no insurance.
The house had just been painted and L. M. Turner
and Truman Allen were re-papering the house and lost all their working
paraphernalia in the fire.
The blaze is supposed to have started from a candle
in the attic placed there by Mrs. George for the use of the painters and
The financial loss falls heavily upon Mr. and Mrs.
George who lose home and home furnishings.
Back to History in News Articles
Back to Hunt County