Proud Member
The
Hunt County, Texas
TXGenWeb Project








HICKORY CREEK, TEXAS


Hickory Creek is at the intersection of Farm roads 272 and 816, twelve miles northwest of Greenville in north central Hunt County. It was settled in the 1870s and developed around a cotton gin, gristmill, and general store operated by W. F. Felty. Twenty-five people lived there by 1890, and Hickory Creek had a post office from 1879 to 1903. A local school district was established by 1910. Hickory Creek's only population statistics in the twentieth century-those for the 1930s and 1940s-report fifty residents there. The 1987 county highway map showed a community hall at Hickory Creek.

Copyright 2004-2012 TXGenWeb

Back to Communities, Cities, & Towns
Back to Hunt County