Wieland is at the intersection of Farm roads 2101 and 1564 six miles south of Greenville in southern Hunt County. Its settlement occurred sometime in the 1880s, and from 1888 to 1904 the community had a post office. By 1891 Wieland had a population of 100, a doctor, and businesses including a blacksmith shop and cotton gin. The population had risen to 600 by 1896, when the town had a daily mail stage to Greenville and Cumberland Presbyterian, Methodist, and Baptist churches.
From its inception Wieland has served area farmers as a church and school community. During the 1930s its population was just over eighty, but by the end of World War II the number of residents had decreased to fifty and the businesses to one. Since the late 1940s there have been no population statistics available for Wieland in the Texas Almanac. David Minor Quoted from The Handbook of Texas On Line.