Proud Member
Hunt County, Texas
TXGenWeb Project

Prairie Hill School

The students at Prairie Hill School in 1940 are pictured from left to right, front: twins Emadine Brister and Clematine Brister, Paul Lyon, Dell Box, Ruth Lyon, Vernell Henry, Mozelle Owens; second row: Dwane Burns, Edwin West, Mildred Lacy, Lawrence Brister, Morris Haliburton, Tom Owens, James Lyon, Nadine Peak; third row: Mary Lou Woods, Nannie Lee Lyon, Billy Bennett, Donald Burns, George Haliburton, Johnnie Lyon; fourth row: Lorene Henry, Denzil Burns, Robert Owens; back row: Vallie Dunford (teacher), Barbara Lacy, Jolly Stanley, Rita Hope Reynolds, and Evelyn Bates Weaver (teacher).

Prairie Hill School was located between Celeste and Leonard on US Highway 69 where the water well and tower are located today.

Submitted by Sarah Swindell

Back to History in News Articles
Back to Hunt County