Jim Hogg County’s Historic Points of Interest:
Please drive carefully and Keep Texas Clean!
1. Noriacitas-Spanish land grant 1767-Patent in 1835 with the Texas General Land Office 602 W. Galbraith St. (Private property/residence) 2. Agua Nueva Community and Ranches (Spanish- 1740, Patent-1831) Go 30 miles south on FM 1017 south of Hebbronville 3. Randado Church (1767-Patent>1836) *Historical Marker (Private property) 22 miles south of Hebbronville on Hwy 16 on right 4. Guerra Community and Ranches (1906 to present) Go 22 miles south Hwy 16, left on FM 649- Go 14 miles 5. Las Cuevitas Ranch (Patent>1836) Many casas de sillar (Private property) Go 22 miles south Hwy 16, left on FM 649- Go south 19 miles 6. Historic Garza House (1893-1968) *Updated Historical Marker pending 602 E. Santa Clara St. Donated to the Museum Foundation of Hebbronville 7. Peña Station (1881-1893) The Peña Station depot was moved to Hebbronville (platted 1894). The actual location would be one mile east of Hebbronville on E. Galbraith. (Private property-no buildings since 1970s) Many Peña Station folklore stories told. 8. Hebbronville Community/Town (Platted in 1894) County seat of Jim Hogg County which was organized 08-11-1913. Crossroad at Texas State Highways 359 and Highway 16 9. Colegio Altamirano (1897-1958) First private school professor Rosendo Barrera 210 N. Pine St. 10. Yeager House (Earliest deed record 1906-Roy Yeager Sr., Steve Gruy (5-8yrs), Roy & Vicky Yeager Jr (lived on home 15-16 years) later sold home to Clark Rossi in 2004. 211 N. Maria St Private residence 11. The New York Store (1909-Present) 308 E. Galbraith St. Tele# 361-527-3412