This is a pyramidal 30 foot tower raised on concrete piers; clad with shingles; elongated louvred dormer. This bat tower was built in 1918 for Albert Steves, a San Antonio businessman and mayor. It was designed by Charles A. R. Campbell. The purpose was to control mosquito-borne malaria with bats. Campbell was a physician and health officer in San Antonio.
Source: Boerne Public Library files.