Methodist Episcopal Church (Brownsboro) Cemetery is located on River Bend Road off the highway from Comfort to Sisterdale, Kendall County, Texas.--taken from description of Brownsboro Cemetery listing in the BAHPS publication, Gone-But Not Forgotten, a Survey of Cemeteries in Boerne and Surrounding Areas, Vol.II, p63
BROWNSBORO, Texas in Kendall County was one of the county's earliest settlements. It was located on the north bank of the Guadalupe River and River Bend Road and three miles east of Comfort in western Kendall County. There was a public school and apost office. The Fredericksburg and Northern Railway built through the area in 1913. A flag stop was established at the Nichols Ranch which was about 1½ miles north of the community.-taken from: Wiedenfeld, Melissa G.; Handbook of Texas
According to the Deed Records of Kendall County, Volume2, Pgs. 210 & 211, Deed was given in July 1870
by Tho. H. Manning and Sarah J. Manning of a certain piece of land in Survey N. 15 on the north bank
of the Guadalupe River...contianing 6440 varas. The first part of the deed reads as follows:
" KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS THAT WE, THO. H.
MANNING AND SARAH J. MANNING HIS WIFE FOR AND IN CONSIDERATION OF THE LOVE WE HAVE THE SENSE OF
MORALITY AND RELIGION AND TO SECURE A PLACE FOR A CHURCH AND FOR THE BURIAL OF THE DEAD HAVE THIS
DAY GIVEN GRANTED RELEASE AND CONVEY TO THE TRUSTEES IN TRUST OF THE METHODIST E. CHURCH SOUTH
ALL OUR RIGHT TITLE ESTATE INTEREST PROPERTY CLAIMS AND DEMAND EITHER IN LAW OR EQUITY WHICH WE
THE SAID THO. H. AND SARAH J MANNING HIS WIFE HAVE INTO OR UPON ALL AND SINGULAR A CERTAIN LOT..
." (HERE FOLLOWS A DETAILED DESCRIPTION). In the description it refers to "WHERE THE CHURCH NOW
The following item was submitted by
Page created January, 2003