Henry Magers and his wife, Wilhelmina Luersen Magers came to this country from Hehlesdurf, Hanover, Germany in 1856. Like many of the immigrants of that period they landed at Indianola and traveled overland to New Braunfels where they lived about a year. They then settled near Blanco where Henry started a freight line. In 1860 Henry was killed by Indians and buried near the county line. According to Blanco County tax records Henry Magers appears on the tax assessment roll in 1859 with 160 acres, not patented, located on the rio Blanco River. He appears again with 155 acres of a pre-emmption not granted on the Rio Blanco in 1860. The same 155 acres was rendered in 1861, 1862, and 1863 by Mrs. Henry Magers, but then disappears from the tax rolls. It is assumed that the Magersū property was in the area of Blanco County ceded when Kendall County was created in 1862, possibly in the vicinity of the Lindendale Community, as they show up in the 1870 Census report of Kendall County. Heinrich and Wilhemina had seven known children: the first Henry II who married Louisa Zimmernann; then Wilhelm (William) married to Hermina von Donop, Charlotte (Mrs. Frederick Haag), Louisa (Mrs.John Haufler), Wilhelmina (Mrs. Adolph Haag); Christina (Mrs. Fritz Bartels) and Carolina (Mrs. Casper Hoffards) all born before leaving Germany. The New Braunfels census of 1860 shows Charlotte age eight years living in the household of her brother-in-law and sister, Mr. and Mrs. John Gottfried Haufler.
Source: Magers, Richard H., "Kendall County Historical Commission, "Rivers, Ranches, Railroads, and Recreation; A History of Kendall County, Texas", Dallas, TX., Taylor Publishing Co., 1984; and Boerne Public Library files.- August 15, 2001