Bankersmith, a small community in the northern part of Kendall County, depended on the railroad for its prosperity. About 1920 a post office and depot were established on the Rudolph Habenicht land and the community was named Bankersmith after Temple D. Smith, president of the first bank established in the nearby town of Fredericksburg. The town was built here to take advantage of its location on the newly built San Antonio-Fredericksburg & Northern Railroad line. The railway line was built in 1913. There was a store, a dance hall, postoffice, warehouse and lumberyard in the town. Unfortunately, the railroad was discontinued and the buildings in Bankersmith were dismantled. The postoffice was moved to a nearby store known as Kasper's Store, but Bankersmith remained on the map
Source: Kendall County Historical Commission, A History of Kendall County Texas: Rivers, Ranches, Railroads, Recreation, Dallas, Tx., Taylor Publishing Co., 1984.