ST HELENA'S COLUMBARIUM

St. Helena's Episcopal Church is the first church in Boerne to resurrect the ancient burial custom of placing the ashes of the dead in special recesses of a wall. The Columbarium at St. Helena's is a black granite wall on one side of the church's bell tower and surrounded by a newly built memorial garden. The garden enclosure of wrought iron and rock, which matches the rock on the original building, surrounds a pathway dotted with plants and statuary, and a cave waterfall ending with a sparkling stream. Benches are available for those who desire to pray and meditate.


Allen-Jamieson, Thelma Sept. 12, 1919 Oct. 26, 2008
Buchanan, Clay Matthew July 26, 1963 Oct. 14, 2004
Buchanan, Tammy Leigh Nov. 10, 1957 Apr. 24, 1980
Buchanan, Melvin Kenneth Aug. 31, 1928 Aug. 22, 1992
Lipe, George Robert June 21, 1927 July 27, 1995
Hallmark, Troy Anthony May 24, 1969 March 4, 2014
McAndrew, John E. April 30, 1940 Sept. 3, 2012
Prather, Nancy Lee Cairns Nov. 3, 1932 Feb. 23, 2005
Reinhard, Dorothy nee Vollbrecht (Mrs Gene) Oct. 17, 1915Oct. 28, 2009
Reinhard, E. F. (Gene) Nov. 25, 1915 Mar. 8, 1997

This information submitted Catharine Stone Schwarz /printed March 17, 2006; update March 10, 2014

Back to Kendall County Home Page