lesterstation holekampbldg
LESTER-KUTZER SERVICE STATION-HOLEKAMP BUILDING
305 S. Main @ James, Boerne
Library File #67.1
ID# 45759 ORIGINAL USE: Service Station-Garage PRESENT USE: Commercial CURRENT OWNER: LOJOPACA
LAND OWNERS:Schrader, Kutzer; Lester LOCATION: Beversdorf Lots: #1, #2 DATE: 1954 Style/Period: CommercialHISTORICAL DESIGNATION: BHP
BUILDER: H. J. Babbitt/Holekamp CONSTRUCTED OF: Limestone, stucco; metal roof; commercial windows CONDITION: Demolished, replaced by new building DESCRIPTION: The Holekamp Building is the first all metal building in Boerne. Boerne Area Historical Preservation Society awarded a plaque to Holekamp Building in 2006

HISTORY: This station was built in 1954 for Albert and Irvin Kutzer, Sr. by H. J. Babbitt on Schrader land. Mr. Lester took over in 1962. The Lester family remained here and enlarged their business to include automobile repair. The building was sold and then demolished in 2000 to make way for the new Holekamp Building. The second building was built by Lloyd and Paul Holekamp

Source: Boerne Public Library files.- November, 2006

Back to Kendall County Main Page