Schiller was a Post Office established about 1890 in the home of Casper Sueltenfuss. This was about a mile south of the Guadalupe River. When the river was flooding, there was no way to deliver the mail to and from that area. Higher ground was sought for the Post Office. In 1901 it was moved to a store in the newer community of Bergheim. Schiller no longer existed as a place for business.
SOURCE: Kendall County Historical Commission, A History of Kendall County Texas: Rivers, Ranches, Railroads, Recreation, Dallas, Tx., Taylor Publishing Co., 1984.