HISTORY: Designed and built 1890-1892 by Hermann Stieler, a German rock mason and local sheep rancher. Mr. Stieler immigrated from Germany. He hauled freight for Charles Schreiner Company to Camp Verde. He made this place a shearing station for fellow ranchers. Coaches from nearby stage line often stopped for food, and repairs. The style is typical of the era. Each floor has two rooms on either side of a central "dog-trot". The hall interior was remodeled in 1937. Recorded Texas Historical Landmark in 1970.
Source: Boerne Public Library files; picture in an article in the Boerne Star, 1992.