stjames

JAMES HOTEL-JEFFERSON STATE BANK
211 N. Main, Boerne
Library File #22.2
ID # 62233: ORIGINAL USE: Hotel PRESENT USE: Bank CURRENT OWNER: Bank
OWNERS: LOCATION: Original Town Lot # 104 DATE:c1880 Style/Period: Victorian HISTORICAL DESIGNATION: NO
BUILDER: CONSTRUCTED OF: Wood frame; windows CONDITION: Gone DESCRIPTION:

HISTORY: The James Hotel was operated by Frank Schwarz and his wife, Frederike Lenz Schwarz. It burned down in the early part of the twentieth century and was not rebuilt. In the 1950's this lot was occupied by a service station operated by Mr. Reimer. He lived in the brick house next door. In the 1970's the station was torn down and the Community Savings Bank was built. That building still stands on the lot and was occupied by Guaranty Federal Savings Bank and other offices in the 1990's. The current occupant is Jefferson State Bank- December 2007

Source: Boerne Public Library files.