|F. M. Davis and his wife Rhoda
Davis donated land for the building of a church. It is situated about
6 miles south of Texarkana on the Line Ferry Road.
The original building was a two story wooden structure, heated by a wood-burning
stove. Upper story was designated for the Masonic Lodge. The
Woodman of the World helped the Masons to finish the inside of the building.
Former pastors known are: Rev. W. M. Bridges (first pastor), Rev.
Charles F. Wilkins 1917, Rev. Covington 1924, Rev. L. Q. Orr 1927, Rev.
O. O. Davis 1930, Rev. Wallace Ely 1937, Rev. V. A. Higgs 1940, Rev. Delbert
Mcatee 1941, Rev. Charles Cornell 1946, Rev. Lewis Earl Lemmond 1947, Rev.
Bill Flatt 1952, Rev. Bill Everett 1953.
These facts are just some of the highlights of the Article written by
Betty Meador Sharp, that was published in the Texarkana USA Quarterly Fall
& Winter 2002. There is a member list and lots of other info included
in this article.
There is a Harmony Grove Cemetery next to this church.