College Hill School
College Hill School played an important part in the community life of Blacks in Texarkana.
College Hill School was first known as Downing School, located near the heart of the College Hill section of Texarkana, Arkansas. In 1908 this school was moved to Draughn Avenue where a frame building was erected to house four grades. Mr. Sam E. Edwards was the first principal in its new location. Rev. A.M. Plant also served as principal. Teachers included Sadie and Jettie Runnels, Mrs. L.C. Deloney, Mrs. Sadie Sawyer, Mrs. Essie Davis and Mrs. Randall.