TXGenWeb
Live Oak County   TXGenWeb Project USGenWeb

 

The Historical Marker Information comes from the Texas Historical Commission  The historical marker search engine can be found at Texas Historic Site Atlas.  THC copyright policies are posted here.

Marker Title: Three Rivers
Address: US 281, Town Square
City: Three Rivers
County: Live Oak
Year Marker Erected: 1967
Designations: na
Marker Location: South side of City Hall, Town Square, Three Rivers
Marker Text:

Founded March 1913 by Charles R. Tips. An investor chartered June 12, 1913, as Hamiltonburg--named for local family. Town lot sale began July 4, 1913. Townsite renamed by U.S. Postal Department May 1, 1914, to mark fork of three rivers--Nueces, Atascosa and Frio. Present interests are ranching, farming, gas, oil and recreation.

Links of Interest: Three Rivers, TX - Handbook of Texas Online

Tips State Recreation Area - Handbook of Texas Online

Choke Canyon State Park - Handbook of Texas Online

   

 



Return to Home of Live Oak Co., TXGenWeb

Copyright 2004-2005 Rena McWilliams and the TXGenWeb Project
- all rights reserved. 
All information/material on this website is provided for and may be used by individuals who are researching Live Oak County history or the genealogy of Live Oak County residents.  The information may be freely used by non-commercial entities, libraries or genealogical societies as long as this copyright notice appears on the copied material.  Commercial use of this information is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.  The electronic pages on this site may not be reproduced in any format for profit or commercial use.