Search billions of records on

Ashby Community Information

Matagorda County, Texas

Tres Palacios For Kids includes
Tidehaven, El Maton, Ashby, Simpsonville & Tintop

Ashby Cemetery

Ashby Newspaper Columns

Community of Ashby - Wilson Creek
(Historical Marker Narrative)

Methodist Episcopal Church South - Register

1894 Ashby School Census          1895 Ashby School Census

William Erastus Moore Family

W. E. Moore Dry Goods
Matagorda County Tribune, July 20, 1900

Ashby Store & Barber Shop
Photo courtesy of Shirley L. Brown

Ashby Store & Barber Shop
Photo courtesy of Shirley L. Brown

Ashby Store
Photo courtesy of the Matagorda County Museum

George Duffy, George B. McKissick

Ashby School - November 18, 1927
Mrs. Eva Trousdale & Miss Clara Ritchie, teachers


Ashby School

Ashby Teacherage and School built in 1911.
Moved from this site to Robbins Slough Road in January 2008 and destroyed by fire in September 2013.

Baptist Church In Ashby Community Organized Sunday

A solemn service at 2:15 Sunday afternoon marked the organization of a Baptist Church at one of the oldest landmarks in Matagorda County, the Ashby community, about 15 miles northeast of Palacios.

The new church was organized under the leadership of Rev. Robert E. Black, who for the past fifteen years has served as pastor of the Markham Baptist Church, and is now the senior pastor of the Colorado Baptist Church Association.

Revival services are being held each evening at 8 o’clock this week in the school auditorium.

The newly organized church was named the Ashby Memorial Baptist Church, in consideration of the pioneer Christians of different faiths who labored there and many of whom are buried in the well kept cemetery nearby, the site selected for the new church building.

All-day services were held with Rev. S. M. Inman, moderator of the Colorado Baptist Association and pastor of the El Campo Baptist Church, delivered the sermon.

Palacios Beacon, July 18, 1946


Copyright 2005 - Present by Carol Sue Gibbs
All rights reserved

Jun. 15, 2005
Jul. 14, 2007