BAY PARK

BAY PARK
By Mary L. Griffin

In 1910 the Burton D. Hurd Land Company planned to build a townsite on the east coast of Tres Palacios near the two small islands called Shell Island.  This was near the proposed site of Bay Side.  A pavilion over the water, many parks, hotel grounds, and ship channels were planned for this townsite.  The plans called for railroad lines to be laid from the present Collegeport area, terminating at the ship channels.  Streets were named First through Seventh, and the avenues were designated A through K.  Bay Park, however never developed.

 Typed by Faye Cunningham
 

 


Bay Park Plat c 1913

 

 

 

Copyright 2013 - Present by Carol Sue Gibbs
All rights reserved

Created
Jul. 28, 2013
Updated
Jul. 28, 2013
   

HOME