2100 Block of Golden Avenue

28°59'54.53"N          95°57'51.10"W



 



CEDARVALE CEMETERY

  THE CEDARVALE CEMETERY TRACES
ITS  HISTORY  TO  1896,   WHEN   RUFUS
A.  MATHIS  WAS  KILLED  IN  A HUNTING
ACCIDENT    AND    BURIED    ON    LAND
OWNED  BY  D. P. MOORE.  AT THE TIME
OF  HIS  DEATH,   MATHIS  AND  OTHER
COMMUNITY  LEADERS  WERE  IN  THE
PROCESS OF ESTABLISHING A CEME-
TERY  FOR  THE  COMMUNITY.   MOORE
OFFICIALLY DEEDED FOUR ACRES OF
LAND  FOR  A   CEMETERY  ON  MARCH
14,  1896.    BY  1906  THE  CEDARVALE
CEMETERY ASSOCIATION WAS ESTAB-
LISHED TO CARE FOR THE CEMETERY
AND SUBSEQUENT PURCHASES WERE
MADE   TO   ENLARGE   THE   BURIAL
GROUNDS. MANY OF BAY CITY’S EARLY
SETTLERS ARE BURIED HERE.
(1992)

Marker wording typed by Faye Cunningham.
 



 


Photo courtesy of Rebecca Etheridge
 



Pavilion in Cedarvale North

New Columbarium and
Prayer Garden in Cedarvale North
Photo courtesy of Rebecca Etheridge


 

 

Background Courtesy of


 

Copyright 2005 - Present by Bay City Cemetery Association
All rights reserved

Created
Jun. 9, 2005
Updated
Sep. 17, 2011
   

HOME