First Presbyterian Church of Collegeport
 



Texas Historical Marker Dedication
l to r Rosalie Nelson Ellis, Dorothy Crane Corporon
Mamie Franzen Wells, Dorothy Franzen Merck
 



 




Believed to have been taken January 1, 1922, the first Sunday the First Church-Federated became affiliated with the
Presbyterian Church USA and renamed First Presbyterian Church.

 




First Church, Collegeport, Texas, c 1915
 




First Church, Collegeport, Tex.
Taken from a scrapbook donated by Fay Smith Soli, daughter of Lizzie Will Morris Smith.

The wing to the left housed the first school until 1912, and was used as a community center until the Mopac House was built in 1935. The building was dismantled to construct the present sanctuary of the First Presbyterian Church. The original chancel panel is the focal point of the present worship area which was built in 1955.
 




Courtesy of Oneida Bullington Charlton
 

 

Copyright 2005 - Present by
First Presbyterian Church of Collegeport
All rights reserved

This page was created
Feb. 23, 2005
This page was updated
Jun. 5, 2009
   

HOME