Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Collegeport Photographs

Collegeport Businesses

Photos courtesy of Mopac House Foundation
 


Matagorda Bay Warehouse and Commission Company
F. D. Yott & C. G. Mapes, Proprietors
 

Texas Industrial Notes

Collegeport—The Collegeport rice warehouse was opened Saturday, Sept. 14, with a capacity of 20,000 sacks of rice. The warehouse will handle in addition to rice, feedstuffs, fertilizer, seed, fuel, truck products and chickens.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram, October 13, 1912
 




Collegeport Business District
Theo Smith & Son Lumber & Hardware (left, center)
Collegeport State Bank (right)
 


Avenue Hotel - $1.00 per day
A. M. Weborg owned and operated the hotel, and when it closed, dismantled it and moved it to Houston where it was rebuilt.
 



Group of men in front of the Avenue Hotel.
From Mignon Doman's photo album. Courtesy of Matagorda County Museum.

 

Bay View School (far left), Collegeport Pharmacy & Post Office (F. L. Hoffman Owner), T. M. Clark Grocery Store,  D. H. Morris Groceries & Feed Store
 

Collegeport State Bank
__________, __________, W. W. Wilkinson (customer), J. B. McCain (cashier)




Originally the Canning Factory and later the Collegeport Post Office
Located on 1095 east of  Mopac House
(Courtesy of Peggy Koster)
 

BACK                     NEXT

 

Copyright 2006 - Present by Carol Sue Gibbs
All rights reserved

Created
Jun. 21, 2006
Updated
May 27, 2007
   

HOME