Man's name and location unknown

Photo courtesy of the Mopac House Foundation

 

Seated: Bobbie Duffy
Standing l to r: Thomas Holsworth,
Gladys Dorris, Phyllis Holsworth,
Mason Holsworth

Gust Franzen's Tractor

Photo courtesy of Bobbie Duffy Dykes

Collegeport National Guard

Photo Courtesy of the Mopac House Foundation

 

 


Half Moon Reef Lighthouse, near Collegeport, Texas
 

Topics of the Town
Happenings of the Day Told In Short Paragraphs.

The light house board gives notice that on or about September 15, 1902, a fixed red light of the fourth order will be established in the old light house, standing in five feet of water, on the southwesterly end of Halfmoon reef, making oft southwesterly from Palacios Point, northerly side of Matagorda bay. The focal plane of the light will be 35 feet above the water and light will be visible eleven miles, the eye of the observer 15 feet above the sea. The light will illuminate 270 degrees of the horizon, the dark sector lying between SE. S. and SW. W. (bearings from a vessel). The light house is a screw-pile structure, the pile foundation and roofs are black, and the superstructiure and lantern are white.

The Evening Post: Charleston, South Carolina, Friday, August 15, 1902

Taken from a scrapbook donated by Fay Smith Soli, daughter of Lizzie Will Morris Smith.


BACK                     NEXT

 

Copyright 2005 - Present by Carol Sue Gibbs
All rights reserved

This page was created
Jun. 9, 2005
This page was updated
May 4, 2008
   

HOME