Confederate Monument Cleaning
Matagorda County Courthouse
Bay City, Texas
April 21, 2013
The E. S. Rugeley Chapter 542 UDC
joined with the 13th Texas Infantry Regiment, Camp #1565
of the Sons of Confederate Veterans on April 21, 2013 to
clean the Matagorda County Confederate monument located
on the courthouse grounds in Bay City. The monument,
made of Georgia granite, was erected by the E. S.
Rugeley Chapter and dedicated on January 17, 1913 in
memory of the Matagorda County soldiers who served and
those who gave their lives for the cause. The cleaning
solution was donated by a friend of the chapter who is a
descendant of Confederate soldiers. The SCV camp members
procured the needed equipment, coordinated the effort
and supplied the manpower to make the project a success.
The E. S. Rugeley chapter is grateful to the SCV for
completing a project that would have been impossible
without their help.