At one time this cemetery was also known as Trespalacios
Cemetery. It is on the east bank of the creek and is one of the oldest burial
grounds in the area. The graves were originally marked by wooden markers
and logs, but supposedly railroad workers used them for fire wood. Mrs.
Mamie Pierce Withers, a granddaughter of Sarah Bright and William D.
Lacy, erected a monument and fenced the cemetery. There is some confusion
as to the burials in the cemetery. William D. Lacy's name appears on the
marker, but he died and is buried in Kentucky. DIRECTIONS
In Memory of
Nov. 8, 1808
June 4, 1880
Wm. D. Lacy
Sept. 15, 1807
Oct. 14, 1848
A Signer of the Declaration of
Captain John Price