Search billions of records on Ancestry.com


Matagorda County Motels & Courts
Boarding and Rooming Houses

 

 


Bay City
 


A & B Courts

Highway 35 East                    1953 - A. N. Opsal, owner
 

Caravan Motor Hotel

Highway 35 West                     1965-66  O. B. McCoy manager
 

Cattlemen's Motel

905 Ave F - 1978

Knight's Inn - 2013
 


Comfort Suites - 2013


 


Como Motel

3501 7th Street                    1953 - Harold E. Davis, manager                    1965-66 Gunter Nerlich, owner
 

Como Motel, Bay City, Texas
Postcard courtesy of Postcards of Texas


Como Motel, Bay City, Texas - postmarked 1949
Bay City's finest tourist accommodations.
Each cabin equipped with colored tile bath,
Spring Air mattress...Box Springs...
Air Cooled...attached garage with overhead locked doors
On Highway 35 - Hug-the-Coast [Highway]

Postcard Courtesy of Jana Prock



Bill Davis' Como Motel - 1964
 

Flamingo Motel - 1978

Paradise Inn - 2013
 


Executive Inn & Suites
 

 

Hampton Inn & Suites - 2013


 


Holiday Inn
 

Days Inn - 2013


Holiday Inn Express

 

Motel 6
 


Kayan's Motel

1978 4301 7th
 


LaQuinta Inn & Suites
 


Nash Courts

3232 7th                    M. W. Nash, owner
 

Oasis


 

Bay City Inn & Suites
2013


 

Petersen's Motel & Courts

Leo A. Petersen, owner                    Highway 35 East


 

 

 


 

 

 


Red Wing Tourist Courts

2917 7th                    Mrs. W. R. Elkins, owner

1942

8th Street

Cypress
Street

Peach
Street

7th Street
 

New Supermarket Planned on Seventh St. Location

Plans for a new, large, modern grocery supermarket to be constructed in Bay City will completion due within six months, have been announced in Bay City by H. C. Boysen, Sr.

Mr. Boysen announced the completion of negotiations for the purchase of the Red Wing Courts on Seventh Street from Mrs. Pearl Elkins. It will be on this site that the new supermarket will be constructed.

To be constructed will be an 80 by 130 foot ultra modern, semi fire-proof supermarket. The balance of the space at the Red Wing Court location will be paved for an adequate parking space, Mr. Boysen has announced.

The nine cottages are for sale. The new owner has begun advertising to sell the cottages for removal. Mrs. Elkins will retain her home, but it will be moved from the location . Mr. Boysen said the new supermarket will be open within six months or sooner.

Construction will start as soon as the area is cleared.

Mr. Boysen, with headquarters in Yoakum, operates stores in Yoakum, Cuero, Port Lavaca, and has a large supermarket under construction at present in Yoakum.

His son, H. C. "Pete" Boysen, Jr. is the meat and advertising manager for the stores. Egon Bettge is general manager of all stores.

Matagorda County Tribune, August 30, 1956
 


Regency Inn & Suites
2013
 

 


 

South Texas Inn


 


Starland Motel

Highway 35 East                    1965-66 G. E. Kirksey, owner



Starland Motel
Postcard Courtesy of Jana Prock
 

1960

Baker's Star Land Motel - 1964


 


Studio 6 - 2013


 


Suniland Courts


Highway 35 East                     W. A. Gavender

1956 known as Sun Motel
 


Sunset Motel

Highway 35 East                    1965-66 Kenneth F. Cryan, owner


 


Town House Motel


 


Wade Courts

Highway 35, East                    1965-66 T. R. Wade, owner

     


 

 


Bay City Boarding and Rooming Houses
 


Franklin Rooming House

2413 Avenue D          1946 Telephone Directory
 


Mrs. T. M. Freeman

1925 6th          1946 Telephone Directory
 


C. F. Graham

1500 5th          1953 Telephone Directory
 


Amos A. Lee

1644  6th          1946 Tel Dir
 


 


Matagorda
 

Tropical Motel - Matagorda

1956 Tel Dir                     Steve Parsutt, owner
 

Allen's Landing - Matagorda

Formerly Mills Motel                    Beach Road
 

Matagorda Courts

1978 - remodeled - Market St.
 


Stan's Inn

1978 - Matagorda - Fisher St.
 


Carla Courts

 


Palacios
 

Allen Courts

Damaged in a storm in August, 1938
 


Bay View Courts
First Street and Ritchie Avenue

Construction of Modern Tourist Camp Is Started
Bay View Courts Located On East Bay, To Be Completed Soon

Bay View Courts is the name of Palacios' Modern Tourist Camp now under construction. Mr. and Mrs. L. H. Hilbert are the promoters and expect to have the camp ready for tourists until the next few weeks.

Mr. and Mrs. Hilbert have traveled extensively from New Mexico, Kansas and different places in Texas. They spent last winter in Corpus Christi and were anxious to locate on the coast. After visiting Corpus Christi again this year, they decided to come up this way farther and stopped at Port Lavaca. Not finding what they wanted there, they came on and landed in Palacios the first of September.

Almost at once they were delighted with our city and its future possibilities and began to look for a suitable place to build a tourist park. After looking  the town over well, they decided a location on the highway, near the bay was most desirable and feel they were fortunate in being able to purchase from H. V. Hall the lot at the corner of First street and Ritchie Ave., which has an east frontage on the highway coming into town and is also near the bay.

Mr. and Mrs. Hilbert inform us their plans for the present are to build six cottages in court style that will be equipped with all modern conveniences and made as comfortable as homes. Other cottages will be added later as the need demands, with additional features for accommodation of tourists.

Workmen are on the ground and construction work will be well under way in a few days for one of Palacios' greatest needs, a modern tourist camp.

Palacios Beacon, October 30, 1930

Bay View Courts

Work on Palacios' modern Tourist Park, Bay View Courts, is progressing nicely and the six cottages with places for cars will soon be ready for the accommodation of the auto traveler. Mr. and Mrs. Hilbert are sparing nothing to make their courts attractive, comfortable and convenient and we are confident their efforts will be appreciated by the traveling public.

Palacios Beacon, November 20, 1930
 


Paul's Motel
Fourth Street and Henderson

1968 dir 35 bypass
 


Silver Courts

Destroyed in a storm in August, 1938
 

 


Sargent
 

Greenhead Motel

Owners Mr. and Mrs. Phillip Trombatore - 1978


 

 


Wadsworth
 

Country Roads Inn

1978                      Wadsworth - HW 60


 

 

Copyright 2014 - Present by source newspaper
All rights reserved

Created
Jan. 31, 2014
Updated
Jan. 31, 2014
   

HOME