Partner Society, Texas State Genealogical Society
Member, Federation of Genealogical Societies
Mid-Cities Genealogical Society P.O. Box 407
Bedford, TX 76095
A friendly reminder that it is time to renew your dues for our new membership year, September 1, 2015 through August 31, 2016 ==> Dues Renewal Form <==
Kroger Community Rewards
Every August, linking your Kroger Plus Card to the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society is a painless way that you can provide the financial benefit of a percentage of your purchases at Kroger stores to our Society.
Follow this link to learn how to enroll/re-enroll your card.
The Mid-Cities Genealogical Society meets the first Thursday of each month at the Mary Lib Saleh Euless Public Library, 201 N. Ector, Euless, Texas. Visitors are welcome.
6:30 p.m. – Social
7:00 p.m. – General Meeting
Date: Thursday, October 1st
Note: This meeting will be held in the Genealogy/Family History Room at the Library!
Speaker: Sandra Crowley, MCGS Member
Topic: Digital Scrapbooking
Sandra Crowley specializes in using technology for all aspects of family history. She is president of the Dallas Genealogical Society, former membershp vice president of the Texas State Genealogical Society, past president of the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society and a member of the Federation of Genealogical Societies, the National Genealogical Society, and several state societies.
Date: Thursday, November 5th
Speaker: Marilyn Hay, MCGS Member
Topic: The USGenWeb Project
The USGenWeb Project is a group of volunteers working together to provide free Web sites for genealogical research in every county and state. The Project is non-commercial and fully committed to free genealogy access for everyone. The organization is by state and then county, providing links to state genealogy sites which, in turn, provide gateways to the counties. The USGenWeb Project also sponsors important special projects at the national level.
Date: Thursday, December 3rd
Annual Holiday Party and Gift Exchange
- Using FamilySearch.org for Your Genealogical Research. Lynelle Moss, Plano Family History Center
- Techniques and Strategies for More Effective Online Searching. Bernard N. Meisner, MCGS Past President
- Tax Records and How to Use Them. Kelvin L. Meyers, Professional Genealogist
- Growing Your Tree through Family Events: Why, How and the Tools. Mary Moore, Jane Aronhalt, and Sandra Crowley, Mid-Cities Genealogical Society
- How to Reopen and Work a Genealogy Cold Case. Lisa Louise Cooke, Genealogy Gems
- Climbing Your Family Tree! L. Vaughn Oliver, Sons of the Republic of Texas
- Records Available in the Office of the County Clerk. Mary Louise Garcia, Tarrant County Clerk
- The Daily Buzz -- What inventions, food, music and literature caught our ancestors' attention in the 1880s and the Gay Nineties.Judy Knight, MCGS Past President
- 19th Century Fort Smith Criminal Cases. Meg Hacker, Director of Operations, Southwest Region of the National Archives and Records Administration
- The Portal to Texas History. Dreanna Beldin, Assistant Dean for External Relations, Univ. North Texas Library.
Free Genealogy Classes and Webinars
As a supplement to our monthly meetings, here are some instructional resources:
© Copyright 2015 by Mid-Cities Genealogical Society. All Rights Reserved.
Page revised: 5 September 2015