Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

1906 Cadillac Donated to the Museum

J. H. Saylor with Cadillac in 1909

Goldthwaite businessman J. H. Saylor bought his 1906 Cadillac from a Brownwood doctor a few years after it was produced. The car was the first automobile registered in Mills County. Saylor kept the car until 1949 when auto shop owner H. B. Carroll convinced him to sell it. Carroll meticulously restored the car to its original beauty. It became his favorite automobile. In 1952, Carroll and his daughter Sandra showed the car in the State Fair.

H. B. Carroll & Sandy at 1952 State Fair

When H. B. Carroll died in 2007, the 1906 Cadillac became the inheritance of his daughter and son-in-law Sandra and Jim Hall. Until recently the car was on loan to the Mills County Historical Museum. This October, Sandra and Jim Hall donated the car to the museum. Read The Goldthwaite Eagle article for more pictures and information about the car and its interesting previous owners.

Bed Turning and Tea a Success

 

The September 17th Bed Turning and Tea was deemed a success for adults and children alike. Suzan Garner won the calypso quilt which was raffled off as a fund raiser for the Mills County Historical Museum. The Goldthwaite Eagle covered the event in photographs. Check them out and plan to attend next year.