Located midway between Dawson and Purdon, 17 miles southwest of
Corsicana in Navarro County Texas.
Founded by former slaves who around 1895 established a church that they named
for the ancient city of Babylon because of its biblical associations; a school
was in operation there by 1900. Residents traded in nearby Dawson, Purdon, or
Spring Hill. The school and church were later closed, and after World War
most of the remaining residents left the area. In the 1990s only a few scattered
houses remained at the site.