LIBERTY HILL, TEXAS (Navarro County). Liberty Hill, on Farm Road 709 two miles west of Dawson in western Navarro County, was established before 1900, when a Liberty Hill school was in
operation; in 1906 the school enrolled twenty. In the mid-1930s the small community had a school, a cemetery, and a number of houses. The school was consolidated with the Dawson school after
World War II,qv and by the mid-1960s only the cemetery and a few widely scattered houses remained. In the early 1990s Liberty Hill was a dispersed rural community for which no population estimates were available. |
"LIBERTY HILL, TX." The Handbook of Texas Online.