Spring Hill Community
Navarro County, Texas


HOME


 Cities and Towns || Historical Marker


 

Dr. George W. Hill is recognized as the founder of this town, the oldest in Navarro County Texas. In the late 1840s families living there included the Treadwells, Sidwells, Matthews, Ritchies and Onstotts. In 1860 Spring Hill and Dresden were the only post offices in the western part of the county. Some residents moved to the new town of Dawson to the south in 1881 with the coming of the railroad.

See Also:

 

Spring Hill Post Masters

POSTMASTERS APPOINTMENT DATE
George W. Hill Nov 5, 1849
Robert H. Matthews Apr 10, 1852
James R. Saunders Feb 26, 1857
Robert A. Younger Aug 3, 1858
Andrew Hanson Aug 9, 1866
Elins Lee Jan 20, 1868
Elijah J. Ward Jun 15, 1869
Jerry M. Johnson May 5, 1879
Joseph C. Matthews Feb 9, 1882

 


Navarro County TXGenWeb
Copyright March, 2009
Edward L. Williams & Barbara Knox