Palo Pinto, TXGenWeb Project graphic

Contact MeLook Ups Queries Search the Parker Web Site Home

For the most updated information:

www.txpalopinto.org

Search Engine

History

William A. A. (Bigfoot) Wallace surveyed the frontier in 1837 and may have been the first white in the area that is now Palo Pinto County.

In 1856 the Texas State Legislature established Palo Pinto County from lands formerly assigned to Bosque and Navarro counties. The county was organized the next year, with the town of Golconda chosen to be the seat of government.

The town was renamed Palo Pinto in 1858.

-- Handbook of Texas Online

County of the Month May 1997

Search this site powered by FreeFind

Bibliography-
       List of Books

Local Information
   Addresses
   Research Trip Helps
   Map & Towns
  
Research Aids
   Archives - Palo Pinto
   Archives - TXGenWeb
   Archives - USGenWeb

   Links Library
   Mailing List
   Neighboring Counties
  
Palo Pinto Surnames
  
TXGenWeb Counties
Biographies
Calendar Military

 Confederate Pensions
Schools
Census

Newspapers

 

 

Vital Records

    Birth Records
    Marriage Records
    Divorce Records
    Death Records
                        1903-1905
                        1964-1999


Odds and Ends
Cemeteries Organizations  
Churches Photographs  

City Directories

Postcards Volunteers
History      
Land Records
 Land Survey Abstracts
   

For the most updated information visit: www.txpalopinto.org

Nominate Palo Pinto County for TXGenWeb County of the Month!

You are our 43234 visitor.
Last Updated April 13, 2012

USGenWeb Project TXGenWeb Project WorldGenWeb Project
10 Year Service Award