- Jane McCallister on Thursday, October 24, 1996
- Email: email@example.com
Looking for information on the Ethel J ROYAL family in Pecos County .
- Jim Weaver on Tuesday, November 19, 1996
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Surnames: BICE, BYCE, HENDRICKS, WEAVER
Marriage, birth, death records for David E. WEAVER. Moved to Pecos County from Cedar Hill, Dallas County, Texas after 1885. In Cedar Hill, he was married to Mary Ellen (Mollie) HENDRICKS in 1879. Mollie died 7/26/1887 in Cedar Hill. Believe David to have subsequently married Wrenda (Aunt Rendy) ?, who later remarried someone with the surname of BICE or BYCE and lived in Ft. Stockton. The BICE marriage produced at least one child, Evelyn BICE. Believe she was born between 1900 and 1925. David may have moved on to California.
- Jim Collett on Saturday, December 7, 1996
- Email: email@example.com
- Surnames: COLLETT
Trying to link Texas COLLETT families togather. Any information on COLLETT will be appreciated. Thank You.
- Freda P. Summar on Friday, January 31, 1997
- Email: Sumrtime@cmaster.com
Surnames: JACKSON, MASKEW
Any info on Julian Earl MASKEW, cir. 1890's, also Willie Oma JACKSON, cir 1890's
- Sharon Jung on Monday, February 10, 1997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: BOYD, ELKINS, FREEMAN, MITCHELL, WALDRIP
Looking for descendants of Moses Ervin BOYD, b. 11 Sept 1849 in SC and Milly Jane (MITCHELL) BOYD b. 26 Nov. 1849 Forsyth County, GA. They came to TX sometime after the Civil War. Lived first in East Texas- Smith, Navarro and Johnson Cos. Then moved to Swisher County in very late 1800's. Moses died at Tulia, Texas 18 July 1902. Milly died in Amarillo, Potter Co. TX 1 Aug. 1922. They are both buried at Tulia. Their children were:
1. William J. Lafette (Bill) BOYD b. 28 June 1866, Forsyth Co. GA, md: Angie ELKINS, d. 1948 buried: Swisher Co. TX
2. J. W. O. (Ottis) BOYD b.1868 Walker Co. GA d.1884
3. John Russell Lukster (Luk) BOYD b. 1870 Whitfield Co. GA md. ? d. 1929
4. Tandy Charles Landers (Tandy) BOYD b. 1873 Smith Co. TX md. Eva May ELKINS 1898 in Swisher Co TX d. 1944 Erick, OK
5. Sarah Vida O.(Vida) BOYD b. 1875,Smith Co. TX md: ?
6. Mary Ida (Ida) BOYD b. 1877 Navarro Co. TX md.?
7. Lee Ernest Ervin (Ern) BOYD b. 1879 Johnson Co. TX md: ? moved to California
8. Joseph Earl Andrew (EArl)BOYD b. 1882 Catoosa Co GA md: ? moved away from TX
9. Jessie Ulie Eugene (Russ) BOYD b. 1885 Johnson Co. TX md: Kate ? d. 1958 in OK City, OK
10. Beulah B. (Butte) BOYD b. 1886 Johnson Co. TX m. ? lived out west -Oregon ? or Washington ?
11 Monte Anna Azalea (Monte) BOYD b. 1888 Johnson Co. TX m. ? lived out west - Oregon or Washington
12. Jane Ann (Jenny) BOYD b. 1894 was living in Amarillo in 1922 when mother, Milly Jane, died. Her name on death certificate as informant is Jenny FREEMAN. Also may have been married to a WALDRIP ?
Would like to hear from anyone who is a descendant of this family.
- Ralph Denton on Thursday, February 20, 1997
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: DAVENPORT, HILL
Looking for any information on the Joseph Elma HILL family. He was born on 1 July 1881 in Bandera County, Texas. Died 26 Jun 1961 in Fort Stockton and is buried there with his wife, one son, and one daughter. One son moved to Sanderson where he is buried with two sons and maybe his wife. Grave is not marked. He married Etna D. DAVENPORT. Don't know when. I would like to have any information that anyone may have on this family. They are distant relatives of mine and my wife and I are working hard on preserving our family history for our decendents. Thanks.
- Carl Crowley on Friday, February 21, 1997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seeking info on my granfather's line: Karl Allen CROWLEY
- Jane McCallister on Wednesday, February 26, 1997
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: ROYAL, WHITAKER
Looking for any information on the Prentice L WHITAKER who married Ella ROYAL
- Brenda Waller HIX on Monday, March 17, 1997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: HANSON, WALLER
I'm looking for Allie Francaes HANSON WALLER, born about 1850 in Ga or AL, m to James Monroe WALLER,Jr.(on the census he went by Monroe).they were married about 1865. Her date of death unkown, but was supposed to have been buried in Woodland Cemetery near Como TX. I need her information, birth, death, parents names, siblings, and anyother information please. Their children are: (James Thomas, Daniel Whit, Vica,born in AR),born in TX,Nannie and Dick,(born in LA,Henry, twins Jessie and Josie and my grandfather Robert Reed, born 9 Mar 1892). I don't know when but they moved to OK then to TX. Brenda Hix, email@example.com
- R. Brooks on Saturday, April 12, 1997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: BROOKS, CLAYTON
BROOKS, R.W. or Ross W. Martha CLAYTON BROOKS (wife) sons: John J. and Jeptha C. and Louis A. Daughters: Minnie, Mittie Circa 1875
- Jacquelyn Fitzgerald on Monday, April 21, 1997
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: CRISP, DEAN, WELDON
I am looking for any information on Flossie DEAN b Aug,1898 in McCulloch Co. Tx., to Thomas DEAN and Saphronia WELDON DEAN. My Grandmother was Leona DEAN CRISP, who was the sister of Flossie DEAN. My mother remembers hearing that her aunt Flossie had married and moved to Ft. Stockton. For some strange reason my mother and her siblings never met any of Leonas sisters or brothers. Leona DEAN CRISP died in 1936 and is buried at Rest Haven Cemetery in Menard, Tx. I'm sorry about the multiple queries, but I'm still new at this genealogy stuff. Hope to hear from anyone, Jacquelyn Fitzgerald
- Stephen Ford Scott on Saturday, April 26, 1997
- Email: SFordScott@aol.com
Surnames: FORD, HARGIA, STACY, WADE
Looking for any descendants of William Henry FORD (c1835-1895), who served in the Civil War from the State of Mississippi. He lived most of his life in the Carroll-Attala County area of Mississippi but moved to Texas sometime between 1890-1895. He is buried in Temple, Texas. His children are Annie B. FORD(c1865-?), William Henry FORD, Jr. (1866-1898), Jesse N. FORD (c1869-?), Kittie E. FORD, later WADE (c1871-?), Jennie S. FORD, later STACY (c1874-?), Clara M. FORD (c 1876-?), Cora Lee FORD (c1877-?), Shelby L. FORD (c1879-1902), buried alongside his father, John G. FORD (c1883-?), Alice B. FORD (c1884-?) and Irene D. FORD, later HARGIA (c1887-?)
- Carolynn McLaughlin on Saturday, May 24, 1997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: ODOM, PACE
- I am looking for any and all information on Guy Presley ODOM or Guy Preston ODOM. He was my paternal grandmother's father, but he and my great-grandmother divorced in the early 1920s. It's a sore subject, so my grandmother either doesn't know or won't tell anything about him. He married Joda Pauline PACE on June 2, 1915, and his two daughters, Agnes Lucille ODOM (July 14, 1916) and Clara ODOM (1922-1967) were born in Fort Stockton. Any information would be very helpful...I have none myself! He would have been born at the turn of the century, so I doubt he's still alive, but he might well have remarried and had more children. There are a few GP or Guy P Odoms in the phone book, but a mailing to them all turned up nothing. Thanks in advance!
- Harriet Marvin on Monday, June 23, 1997
- Email: email@example.com
- I am interested in the family who founded *The NUTT Ranch* in east Pecos county, just east of Fort Stockton. Of which NUTT family are they a part? [New Jersey, Alabama, Mississippi?] What is the history of this ranch? Thanks in advance
- Jim Casper on Sunday, December 21, 1997
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I am attempting to locate information on a family member who,according to family tradition,was killed in a gunfight in Sanderson, Texas in 1903 when it was still part of Pecos County. His last name was believed to be BELL and he, along with two others,were killed during a robbery of the post office. Any information that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Jim Casper, email@example.com
- George Herren on Saturday, January 31, 1998
- Email: CHILEHEADS@JUNO.COM
- James Marion HERREN, William Robert HERREN, James Grady HERREN, listed as Pocos Co. residents on verious sources. William Robert HERREN killed near Schffield in Feb. 1904. Any information on any of the above or any HERREN history in Co. would be greatly appriciated.
- Mitzi McIlvain on Wednesday, February 4, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: LEE, MCILVAIN
- I'm seeking information regarding my great-grandfather, Joe (Joseph) Lee McILVAIN and his wife Girdy LEE McILVAIN). They lived in Pecos County but unfortunately I have no dates. Maybe ca. 1900. They were married Sept. 27, 1903
- Mitzi McIlvain on Wednesday, February 11, 1998
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: ASHMORE, MCILVAIN
- I am looking for information on Girdy Lee ASHMORE. I don't know when she was born. She married Joseph Lee McILVAIN on Sept. 27,1903 and she died July 5, 1945. They had 8 children. Thank you!
- Phil Daniel Sr. on Sunday, April 19, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seeking information on Alexander Edmondson Williamson (Alex) WHITE, b. 1848. He lived in Imperial Texas in 1908 and according to an article from the "History of Imperial Texas", was an Englishman named "Alphabet" WHITE and was called the founder of Imperial Texas. He passed away in 1958 in San Angelo Texas and is buried in Buena Vista Texas. Any information on him or his parents John White b. 1843 Scotland and Hannah McWilliamson b. 1848 England would be appreciated. Sincerely, Phil Daniel pwdaniel@GTE.net
- Sandy London on Monday, June 22, 1998
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: PICKETT, WILLIAMS
- WILLIAMS: Handwritten family records show that my great great grandfather, Redmond John WILLIAMS, was born in Texas in 1845. Tracing him through census records has proved impossible. Married in 1863 to Sarah Elizabeth PICKETT, RJ WILLIAMS had eight children: Ellen, John W., Jenni, Thomas R., Dora, Redmond, Lee Otis and Timothy. I am told that a son of Timothy, one Jack WILLIAMS, was living in Pecos County as recently as 1995. Any other Pecos researchers have a connection?
- Wilma B. Moore on Wednesday, July 1, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: HENSON, LOVELADY
- HENSON/LOVELADY--Searching for descendants of Jeremiah N. HENSON and wife Georgeann (LOVELADY) HENSON. Several of their children were living in Pecos County (Fort Stockton area) and Ward County circa 1920. Jerry HENSON died in Cooke Co., and Georgeann died in Ward Co. I will appreciate any assistance locating descendants. Thanks! Wilma B. Moore email@example.com
- Frances Bejarano on Saturday, July 18, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: BEJARANO, MADRID
- BEJARANO / MADRID: Gabriel Madrid BEJARANO b. 1 December 1909 in Marfa, Texas d. 19 April 1959 in Riverside, California son of Ynez BEJARANO and Reyes MADRID. These people have Pecos County connections--please help me out!
- Cathy Wood Osborn on Thursday, August 6, 1998
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: KINSEY, WALTERS
- Looking for someone who can identify the family associated with the land survey 7 mi. northwest of Ft. Stockton named "Tillman WALTERS." I am particularly interested in Tillman WALTERS b. 1834 MS who m. Lucinda "Cindy" KINSEY. She was b. 1842 Red River Co. TX and d. 1894 Bosqueville, Coryell Co. TX. http://access-one.com/asvra/geni.htm
- Holli Cramm on Saturday, August 22, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Looking for information as to where a child, Wallace Duncan PATTON (age 9 mo) was buried. He died August 5, 1924 in Ft. Stockton. His parents were Minnie Edna and Andrew Jackson PATTON.
- Rachel Lee on Tuesday, August 25, 1998
- Email: email@example.com
- We are looking for any information on the LEE'S William Singleton LEE lived in Pecos abt. 1860 to 1870 wife was Nellie Hall Denis LEE they had 12 children 10 of them born in around Pecos. Thank You
- Jan Elliott on Saturday, August 29, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Surnames: OVERTON, TYREE
- Would like any info on TYREE and OVERTON families or correspond with any decendants of these families. Thanks, Jan
- Sandra Goodwin on Wednesday, November 18, 1998
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: FISHER, TARDY
- FISHER, Calvin b. 1861 TX - lived with TARDY family in 1867 after his parents and other siblings were killed in a wagon train massacre between Sheffield and Ft. Lancaster, Pecos Co. The TARDY family operated a very large cattle ranch along the Pecos River until well into 1880. Looking for any information about Calvin FISHER or the TARDY family.
- Bill Trott on Friday, November 20, 1998
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- I would like any information or references to where I could find information and pictures about the hotel in Buena Vista in the 1910's My grandfather and some of his sons ran it in these years. I have a picture of JC TROTT'S family on the front porch of the hotel. It appears to be made of the red sandstone so prominate in that part of West Texas. The TROTT'S also lived in Barstow, Ward County before and after they lived in Buena.
- Don Brownlee on Thursday, December 10, 1998
- Email: email@example.com
Surnames: BROWNLEE, BUTLER, GILLOCK
- Searching for information on the family of George B. BROWNLEE. He lived in Iraan from 1929 until his death in 1938. His daughters, Mrs. Roe BUTLER and Mrs. Robert GILLOCK, lived in Iraan at the time of his death. Any information about this family would be appreciated.