The first school in Avery was in built in 1900 on land donated by James Curtis. This school was built after the fire of 1904. It was completed in 1905 and used until the new one in 1915 was built. In 1905 there were 159 students enrolled. In 1905 Avery also had a newspaper and Mr Morgan was one of the early publisher's. His Slogan for his paper was "The Best is none too Good"

Return to Album Index

Return to Main Page